This month I read a total of 7 books! I am at 40 books read so far, so I am still on track to hit my goal of 100 books for the year. I am, once again, doing a ton of different reading challenges, so I will be including those in my monthly wrap-ups as well.
Let’s get into it!
Books I Read:
Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins (4 Stars) ~ audio
~Reading Challenges: Genre Reading Challenge (Horror/Thriller); Reading Rainbow Challenge (Yellow); Around the World Reading Challenge (An Island); A to Z Challenge (R)
The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet (The Lizzie Bennet Diaries #1) by Bernie Su and Kate Rorick (5 Stars) ~ print
~Reading Challenges: none
Girl, Forgotten (Andrea Oliver #2) by Karin Slaughter (5 Stars) ~ audio
~Reading Challenges: PopSugar Challenge (A book with “Girl” in the title); A to Z Challenge (G); Monthly Reading Challenge (April-a book with a twist ending)
Fake Dates and Mooncakes by Sher Lee (3.5 Stars) (REVIEW) ~ digital
~Reading Challenges: PopSugar Challenge (A book with a pet character)
Treasure of the World by Tara Sullivan (4 Stars) ~ audio
~Reading Challenges: PopSugar Challenge (A book that features two languages); Always Fully Booked Challenge (A book set on a different continent than you); Around the World Reading Challenge (South America)
The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner (5 Stars) ~ audio
~Reading Challenges: Genre Reading Challenge (Historical Fiction)
The Late Mrs. Willoughby (Miss Tilney & Mr. Darcy #2) by Claudia Gray (4 Stars) (review coming soon) ~ digital
~Reading Challenges: Always Fully Booked Challenge (The second book in a series)
Format: ……………………………………………..Reading Challenges:
Physical Books: 1 PopSugar Challenge: 19/50
E-Books: 2 Always Fully Booked Reading Challenge: 19/32
Audiobooks: 4 Read Through the Ages Challenge: 5/10
Non-fiction: 0 Around the World Challenge: 4/10
. On the Cover Challenge: 6/16
. Reading Rainbow Challenge: 9/16
. Genre Reading Challenge: 8/10
. A to Z Challenge: 15/26
. Goodreads Challenge: 40/100
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️: Three (The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet; Girl, Forgotten; The Lost Apothecary)
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️: Three (Reckless Girls; Treasure of the World; The Late Mrs. Willoughby)
⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2: One (Fake Dates and Mooncakes)
Things I Posted:
Monthly Wrap-Up: March 2023 ~ Travel Tips: Summer in Japan ~ Book Review: Zora Books Her Happy Ever After ~ How to Pack: Summer in Japan
Here are a few things that happened in my life this month:
- My husband and I had our 10th wedding anniversary! It seriously feels like we just met yesterday, while simultaneously feeling like I’ve known him forever. Marrying him is one of the best decisions I have ever made. ❤️
- I finally found a new dentist, and they informed me that I have no cavities…after a different dentist told me I had 5!!! This is seriously the second time this has happened to me. Why do dentists do this? It does not make people want to come back to see you. It makes them want to run far, far away and tell everyone they know not to go see you!
- My daughter had a terrible fall at recess and got a giant goose egg on her forehead. This led to a 12 hour ER visit, complete with an ambulance ride, because they thought she had fractured her skull and possibly her spine. Thankfully, they determined after many CT scans and an MRI that all she had was the goose egg and a possible concussion. She is doing perfectly fine now, but she sported some wicked black eyes for a couple of weeks!
- I got to see Jamie Cullum in concert! I have been a fan of his since I was in high school, and he rarely does tours in the U.S., so when I found out that he was going to be playing a venue about an hour from me I jumped on it!
- We had a meeting about our Japan trip, and I did a presentation on packing tips and tricks! It made me even more hyped to leave! 37 more days!!
My May TBR Pile:
Wild Beauty by Anna-Marie McLemore
Emma of 83rd Street by Audrey Bellezza
Lady Tan’s Circle of Women by Lisa See
Here’s to Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. 🥰
How many books did you read this month? Have you read any of the books I read? Are you participating in any reading challenges? What about the books on my TBR for May? Let me know down in the comments!
Love and happy reading,