2018 was a pretty good year for me. I switched jobs, started a blog, did a lot of adoption paperwork, threw monthly tea parties, and spent a lot of time with family and friends. I also read A TON of BOOKS!!!
Books I Read
So, I read 133 books this year! This number boggles my mind, because I only read 70 books in 2017…so I almost doubled my number from one year to the next. I had a goal of 85 books this year, and I blew that out of the water! I will say that two things helped me to accomplish this:
- I started a book blog, which got me more in touch with the book world and encouraged me to pick up more books than I have in the past.
- I started listening to audiobooks this year! This has easily doubled the number of books that I am able to consume on a monthly basis.
I love the wrap-up that Goodreads creates at the end of the year, so if you want to see a fun round-up of the books I read, check out my Year In Books 2018!
I don’t have any fancy graphs this year (hopefully next year, though!), but here is the breakdown of the number of books I read in each genre I read this year:
Historical Fiction: 21
Contemporary Fiction: 19
Christian Fiction: 5
Of these, a total of 65 were YA or Middle-Grade books. I had a personal goal of trying to read more out of my comfort zone and read genres I don’t normally dabble in. I am not surprised that Historical Fiction was one of my highest numbers, but I am incredibly proud that my Non-Fiction number was so high! I do not tend to gravitate towards non-fiction, but I actually really enjoyed reading more of it this year. I am going to try to keep this trend going.
Reading Goals for 2019
- I am going to give myself a goal of 100 books for 2019.
- I want to try to read at least one non-fiction book each month.
- I want to try to read more books that I already own.
- I am going to loosely follow a few different book challenges, to help get me out of my comfort zone, including:
Personal Goals for 2019
As far as personal goals go, I only have a few:
- Try to live a healthier lifestyle
- Journal more
- Lead a more intentional prayer life
- Reach out to far away friends on a more regular basis
- Start working on my novel again
I want to keep these somewhat vague so that I don’t put too much pressure on myself, but I think these are all things that I can easily strive for. 😊
I’m so excited to close out this year, and get started on a fresh and new one tomorrow! I also want to thank all of you for being so warm and welcoming to me this year. I had planned on making a blog for a long time, and I finally dove into the deep end this year, and I’m so glad I did!
How was your 2018 reading year? Did you accomplish your goals? What are your goals for 2019? Let’s talk about it in the comments!
Love, happy reading, and happy new year,